This is where you can start to let your imagination loose, where you can dive deep into your creative self and paint whatever picture you want. This is where you get to know what it feels like to be god, where you design what you want to be.
Lifestyle design is fashionable, even a bit passe, but life design is older than we know. The greatest gift you can give yourself is to take a blank canvas and start designing. You can range far and wide in your pursuit of the ideal, you can go into the macro with over- arching concepts or go into the micro with amazing detail. What is it you want? What have you always dreamt about, especially when you were young? What have you shied away from, been afraid to do?
Design is a creative, iterative process that never really finishes. This ideal you will grow and develop overt as you get more comfortable with the idea.
When I shifted as a man, when I became a man, I had the chance to create a new me.
I had fallen into a pattern of living that, on some levels, was acceptable. I was in the second half of my life, I had succeeded at what I had been doing. Somehow it seemed that it had just happened to me, circumstance and fate had created an amazing life for me.
I wanted to turn it round so I sat down and decided what I wanted to be. I created a relationship vision for myself, a vision based on how I wanted to live and what kind of person I wanted to be. Having sketched it out I set out to create it.
As a designer by profession I knew that this wouldn’t be achieved in one go, I knew it would take time revising and perfecting my design. I am now in a situation where I have completely transformed who I am and I still work on it. I enjoy dealing with the many details of my life and creating a more amazing me.
- It is important that you write this all down, but be free, be creative. Brainstorm and let go of all limiting beliefs. Let your mind range wherever it wants to go.
- Start at the big concepts. What type of person do you want to be? What traits would you like to be remembered for? How do you want to make your mark?
- Write your own obituary. Use this as a celebration of the life you have yet to live. What were the highspots in your life or career? What effect did you have?
- Now work on the detail. What do you want to be as a person, how do you want to live? Have a lot of fun and truly open up to this.
Other Posts in the series 'Dealing With Chaos'
- 06. Do You Need, Desire Or Love
- 07. Show Me How To Control Others
- 08. Do You Find Intimacy Difficult
- 09. Suffering Is Resistance To Pain
- 10. Look for the Learning in Emotional Pain
- 11. Are You Seeking The Truth?
- 12. Can You Look Forwards And Backwards?
- 13. Do You Blame Or Take Responsibility?
- 14. Are You Aware Of Your Masculinity?
- 15. Enjoy the Dusk, Celebrate the Day
- 16. Dealing With Chaos - Acceptance
- 17. Do You Accept Your Personalities?
- 18. What Do You Like About Yourself?
- 19. What Don’t You Like About Yourself?
- 20. What Would You Like To Change?
- 21. What Are You Willing To Do To Change?
- 23. How Will You Achieve Change?
- 24. Is Your Life A Construction Site Or A Garden?
- 25. How To Live With Uncertainty
- 26. Can You Let Go Of Your Ego?
- 27. Can You Now Accept Who You Are?
- 28. Enjoying The Person You Are
- 29. Celebrate Who You Are - Be Outrageous!
- 30. Dealing With Chaos - Authenticity
- 31. Do You Live Your Life At Full Potential?
- 32. What Vision Do You Have?
- 33. Do You Walk Your Talk?
- 34. What Are Your Spheres Of Influence?
- 35. How Do You Use Your Sexuality?
- 36. How Are You And Your Family?
- 37. How Do You Use Your Power And Strength?
- 38. Can Others Rely On You?
- 39. What Are You Dishonest About?
- 40. What Will You Stake Your Life On?
- 41. What Is Passion? What Drives You?
- 42. Do You Know Your Truth? Do You Speak It?
- 43. What Will Life Look Like Now?
- 44. Dealing With Chaos - Participants Open Their Hearts
Latest posts by Graham Reid Phoenix (see all)
How Yoga Helped Me Find The Stillness In Masculinity
I have found that Yoga has enabled me to balance my personality and find my 'Still Point'. I use it to observe myself and deepen my masculinity with compassion, awareness and understanding. It has transformed me into a man who is both more alive and calmer.- November 2, 2016
Today I Felt the Shame of Being a Man
Graham experiences what it is like to be woman who is not listened to and suppressed. He looks at what men can do to fill this gender gap. Today I felt the pain of being a woman… Today I felt the shame of being a man…- October 26, 2016
Obesity in Men: What Is The Truth
Britain’s fattest man, Carl Thompson, was 33 years old and weighed 65 stone when he died in 2015. For those not from Britain, that is 410 kilos or 910 pounds. He was housebound, bed-ridden and alone. This was a man whose life had moved out of balance, and who ended up in a miserable, early death. This is an example of the issue of obesity in men.- October 16, 2016