Change, Vision, Passion
Live Your Passion - Summary
Change is something that’s constant in life. There is natural change and conscious change.
A vision gives you a target to move towards; it encapsulates the process of change you’ve built into your life. Your vision allows for creating the change most beneficial to you.
When we feel passionate about our life, our career, our relationship, we are able to change in order to drive our life forwards. Passion is ultimately what drives change by creating a towards movement to fulfilling the objectives identified in our vision.
Change is just the starting price if you want to inspire others. It starts with yourself. If you want to see the world develop and grow, and see action on the problems in this world then change is absolutely essential. Change in and of yourself empowers others.
See yourself, as an inspiration to others, for them to respect, admire and wanting to follow.
Vision is what draws out the power and passion in you, what makes your life interesting, exciting. It is what moves you on, draws out your creativity, powers your personal growth and development. Vision is about looking forward and deciding how you are going to live.
The greatest gift that you can give yourself is to take a blank canvas and start designing, start creating your vision. You can range far and wide in your pursuit of the ideal; you can go into the macro with over-arching concepts or go into the micro with amazing detail.
A relationship vision is very important, whether you are in a relationship or not.
- If not: Your relationship vision can contain anything you want, color of hair, size, wealth, spirituality, etc. No matter how detailed, it must be genuine and authentic, representing someone you want to spend the rest of your life with, in love and happiness.
- If you are: Your relationship vision is about creating an ideal picture of how it will work, how you will relate to each other, how you will spend your time together, your common interests.
- In both cases: craft it from the positive, present, perspective that you are together and this is how you are living, eg. “At the heart of the relationship will be a deep close friendship.”
Passion is what gives you your fire, passion is what makes life worth living. When you know what drives you, you can truly touch your passion.
It has been shown that the human brain has infinite potential. A more popular myth says that we use no more than 10% of our brain capacity. The truth is that we don’t yet know the limits. Imagine what living to your full potential might mean: not holding back, fully projecting out into the world your emotions, your inspiration, and your passion. Showing the world who or what you are. Embracing change, live your passion and pursue your vision.
Live Your Passion - Worksheet
Set aside time to think through your answers to the questions. They are intended to get you thinking about change. Write your answers either in this worksheet or start a journal. Also write your emotional or other reactions.
- Do you find you are looking to change yourself, what you feel, how you react, how you think about yourself? Do you want to do something about the aspects of yourself you don’t like?
- What type of person do you want to be? What traits would you like to be remembered for? How do you want to make your mark? Do you have a vision for where you want to go in life?
- Get your journal and write the vision for your life. It can be simple bullet points or detailed writing, just commit it to paper. What can you do to spice up your vision?
- Do you know what your full potential is? Do you have any sense of what you are capable of in all areas of life? Do you live to that potential or are there areas that you hold back on?
Live Your Passion - Exercise
Modelling involves developing ways of thinking and behaving that mirror the successful approach of another.
No matter what it is you desire to be, do or have, there is someone else out there who has achieved what you want. And if you can model their approach, you will duplicate their success for yourself.
Think of someone you can use as a mentor, whether it’s someone you know or not doesn’t matter.
- Who is it?
- What is it about them that attracts you?
- What did they do that is important?
- What do they represent for you?
There should be plenty of accessible information about how they achieved success. Work out their mindset and how they faced challenges and opportunities. What critical decisions did they make along their path? What was their positive self talk that helped them through the hard times?
Then act as if you were that person. This will help you manifest your desires. Embody the characteristics of the person you are modelling. Behave this way in your life now, adopt the mindset of that person you want to become.
This works because the body follows where the mind leads. If you struggle at first with this technique, just keep trying. You will know when it is working because positive self talk will become more natural and spontaneous.