Recently I said, “Vision is essential to an interesting and exciting life. Vision is what draws out the power and passion in us. Vision is what makes our life.”
This is so important that it’s worth emphasising. Vision is what powers the life youj lead, vision is what moves you on and draws out the creativity in you.
Without a vision you just live life, taking each day as it comes and living what that day brings. There is nothing wrong with that way of life, many people have very satisfying lives living purely in the now. Vision, however, creates a context in which the now can become vibrant and alive. Vision powers your interest in developing and growing.
Vision is often seen by men as a bit ‘new age’ and therefore shunned, don’t get caught in that trap.
I have a vision, creating a compelling future for myself.
Recently I was training with Chris Howard at his Academy of Wealth and Achievement in Las Vegas. It’s been a challenge keeping up with writing this every day along with long days of working and training. It’s been stimulating and exhilarating. Why am I doing it? Why am I continuing to train and grow when I have so much I can do already?
The reason is that I have a vision, not just for myself, but also for the work I am doing with and for men. At the moment the work I am doing through ‘Graham Reid Phoenix’ is growing and reaching many more men each day, but this is not enough. There is a desperate need for ordinary men to find this work and look at their lives anew. The power in this work is that it works for all men and once it gets into the mainstream its strength will grow. That is the vision I have, to take this into men’s lives everywhere.
In following this journey you are part of that vision, thank you.
- Do you have a vision for where you want to go in life? Do you have a sense of where your future lies?
- Whether you or haven’t, stop now, get a notepad and write a vision for your life. It can be simple bullet points or detailed writing, just commit it to paper.
- Are you aware of this vision as you live day by day? Are working every day to achieve it?
- What can you do to spice up your vision, give it some excitement? Look for unusual ways to look at this.
Other Posts in the series 'Dealing With Chaos'
- 06. Do You Need, Desire Or Love
- 07. Show Me How To Control Others
- 08. Do You Find Intimacy Difficult
- 09. Suffering Is Resistance To Pain
- 10. Look for the Learning in Emotional Pain
- 11. Are You Seeking The Truth?
- 12. Can You Look Forwards And Backwards?
- 13. Do You Blame Or Take Responsibility?
- 14. Are You Aware Of Your Masculinity?
- 15. Enjoy the Dusk, Celebrate the Day
- 16. Dealing With Chaos - Acceptance
- 17. Do You Accept Your Personalities?
- 18. What Do You Like About Yourself?
- 19. What Don’t You Like About Yourself?
- 20. What Would You Like To Change?
- 21. What Are You Willing To Do To Change?
- 22. Describe The Ideal You, The New You
- 23. How Will You Achieve Change?
- 24. Is Your Life A Construction Site Or A Garden?
- 25. How To Live With Uncertainty
- 26. Can You Let Go Of Your Ego?
- 27. Can You Now Accept Who You Are?
- 28. Enjoying The Person You Are
- 29. Celebrate Who You Are - Be Outrageous!
- 30. Dealing With Chaos - Authenticity
- 31. Do You Live Your Life At Full Potential?
- 33. Do You Walk Your Talk?
- 34. What Are Your Spheres Of Influence?
- 35. How Do You Use Your Sexuality?
- 36. How Are You And Your Family?
- 37. How Do You Use Your Power And Strength?
- 38. Can Others Rely On You?
- 39. What Are You Dishonest About?
- 40. What Will You Stake Your Life On?
- 41. What Is Passion? What Drives You?
- 42. Do You Know Your Truth? Do You Speak It?
- 43. What Will Life Look Like Now?
- 44. Dealing With Chaos - Participants Open Their Hearts
Latest posts by Graham Reid Phoenix (see all)
MAS002 Lion Goodman
The Men Alive Show featuring Lion Goodman- April 23, 2015
A Recovering Narcissist
MAS001 Jeff Brown: A Male Warrior in Transition
The awakening man is a warrior of the heart, he moves from love and compassion, he is noble and responsible. Jeff will talk about how you can bring forward the healthy masculine of old while being comfortable in your vulnerability.- April 15, 2015
How To Love Yourself—The Key to your Amazing Future
Men are often confused about themselves. Men frequently think that they are unimportant. Men think loving is for women. Men will look at you in horror if you talk to them about how to love yourself.- April 14, 2015